October 16th – 18th 2015
Top 10 Holiday Park, Blue Lake, Rotorua
SORRY, BUT THIS YEAR’S CAMP IS FULLY SUBSCRIBED. WE CANNOT TAKE ANY MORE REGISTRATIONS.
Who is it for?
While designed with entrants to the Tarawera Trail Marathon & 50k (T4250) race most in mind, this training camp will be a valuable experience for anyone looking to share trail time with a great bunch of people.
▪ Experience a big chunk of the race course first hand
▪ Learn from Q&A sessions about the course, the race, and how to survive it
▪ Be inspired by spending time on the trail with some super-experienced runners
▪ Pick up hot tips to improve your trail running over any distance
▪ Learn more about physical conditioning and stretching for improved performance
▪ Enjoy a relaxed social atmosphere hanging out with a special tribe of people – Kiwi trail runners.
Who will be there?
The weekend is being coordinated by Running Wild founders, Mal and Sally Law. They look forward to sharing their enormous knowledge of trail running with you.
Over the course of the weekend you will also get the chance to meet, run with and learn from:
▪ Elite trail runner and sought-after coach, Kerry Suter
▪ the Race Directors, Paul Charteris & Tim Day
▪ Jonty Garlick from Pilates BODY DYNAMICS in Taupo – our Pilates for Runners expert
Friday Oct 16th
- Check in from 2pm onwards. Settle in, get some food sorted, go exploring or have a swim in the lake.
- Dinner (and all other meals) are self-catered. After you’ve eaten, at 8pm, we’ll have an official welcome, followed by:
- A 30-min introduction to the area, its trails and the T4250 race courses by Paul Charteris & Tim Day
- 30 mins of gold from Kerry who will share his top training tips and how to build a training programme.
- A quick Q&A session to make sure we all know what to expect over the next two days.
Saturday Oct 17th
- 7.30 a.m. Pre-run Pilates & stretching
- 8.30 a.m. Start leaving for a beautiful loop run through the forest, incorporating a large section of the race course. You can choose from two distances – approx. 25k or 35k – and we’ll organise people into groups according to speed/experience levels
- On arriving back at Blue Lake take a dip in its refreshing waters, shower, eat, relax and hang out with friends old and new.
- At 5 p.m. Kerry will do a priceless ‘running drills’ session, giving you some great ideas that you can use in your training after you get home.
- At 5.30 p.m. Jonty will do another Pilates & stretching session for anyone who is keen.
- After dinner, at 8 p.m., Mal will give an inspiring talk, complete with some awesome photos and video clips, about his epic High Five-0 Challenge from Feb/March this year.
Sunday Oct 18th
- 8.00 a.m. Pre-run Pilates & stretching will be on offer again
- 9.00 a.m. runners start setting off on an approx. 18k run from Blue Lake to Hot Water Beach on Lake Tarawera, following the T4250 course.
- Take time to relax in the natural hot water springs before catching an early afternoon boat ride (included in price) back to The Landing and from there back to Camp base at the Top 10 Holiday Park, Blue Lake. We will either provide transport for this short drive or we’ll make arrangements for car shuttles. Either way you should be back at Blue Lake by mid-afternoon and be on the road home shortly afterwards.
A note about the runs
We intend to split people into groups of similar ability and have someone with local trail knowledge guiding each group. But maps will also be provided and you will need to be prepared to find your own way should you lose the group you are with.
You will at all times BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY.
There are 2 options:
- The Premium Package* – comfortable motel or self-contained cabins with kitchen, bathroom/toilet, lounge/dining area. All bedding, linen and towels are provided.
- The Basic Package* – comfortable sleeping quarters but require use of communal toilet/shower/kitchen facilities. You will also need to bring your own sheets, towels and duvets (pillows are supplied)
* please note that all accommodation is on a shared basis. We don’t anticipate there being more than 4 to a unit, and only then if more can be accommodated comfortably, but we cannot guarantee anyone a room to themselves. Hey, we’re all here to make friends after all!
The holiday park is a perfect place to relax and get to know your fellow trail runners. There is a large communal games room that we will use for evening talks/workshops and plenty of outside space. Best of all, Blue Lake is just a stone’s throw away.
If you are local and don’t want to stay at the Top 10 Holiday Park, but don’t want to miss out on all the activities, we have a limited number of spaces set aside for ‘day guests’. SORRY BUT THESE DAY GUEST SPOTS HAVE SOLD OUT!
The weekend is entirely self-catered. You will need to bring all your own food (including running supplies) and prepare your own meals. We will however put everybody in touch with their roommates (if you don’t already know them) so can plan group meals if you wish.
Cost (incl. GST)
Premium Package: $285 per head
Basic Package: $245 per head
Camping: $165 per head + cost of camping*
Locals, no accommodation required: $165 per head*
* numbers are strictly limited
All options include sessions by Kerry, Jonty, Paul & Tim and Mal, guided runs, use of communal areas, boat ride back from Hot Water Beach on Sunday and access to a heap of knowledge and advice.
Premium & Basic packages include accommodation too.
All pretty amazing value for money we reckon!
How to Register
- Complete and submit the Registration Form (note: you will get an automatic confirmation email that you must respond to in order to complete the process. If you don’t receive this email within a few minutes of submitting your form then check your junk mail)
- Pay your registration fee by direct credit to our bank a/c 031527 0006198 00. When paying please use your SURNAME and the code BLTC15 to identify your payment.
- We will email you with confirmation of your place. PLEASE NOTE: your place cannot be confirmed until full payment shows in our account.
Refunds: If you cancel any time before 30th September 2015 we will reimburse 50% of money paid. After that date no refunds will be made.
If you have any questions about this awesome weekend just fire an email to Mal